Monday 28 January 2008

Not a bluff


I got home late today (I might blog about why later), and found two postcards from the post office through my letterbox. For those of you who don't know, if the Finnish post office can't deliver a package, they put a postcard through your letterbox telling you to pick it up.
Anyway, I was expecting one package, with some books in it (CRC Press/Chapman and Hall was having a sale). But two? Anyway, I wandered down to the post office, just before it closed and picked the up. One was large and light, the other smaller but heavier and presumably contained the books. How wrong I was! The larger package was full of statistical goodness, and clear air. The smaller package had several copies of the February issue of Bluff Europe, evidently a poker magazine (and not as exciting as Buff Europe...). I don't even play poker - it's too close to work.
So, if anyone in Helsinki wants some hot tips from Sammy Farha - the coolest man in poker (huh? I thought that was someone else), just get in contact with me. You too can follow Phil Hellmuth's Fantasy Final Table!

Me? I'm just a lawnmower. You can tell me by the way I walk.

No comments: